The first pick of zucchini this year, I couldn’t wait to cook them up (not that they need much cooking), I just wish the eggplants and tomatoes were ready too, mmm, ratatouille. I fried some lovely fresh gurnard to go with the salad.
|Grilled baby zucchini salad|| |
Recipe type: Vegetable salad
Baby zucchini grilled with red capsicum and mushrooms
- 6 baby zucchini
- 1 small red pepper
- 2 red chilli (optional)
- 10 small mushrooms
- Olive oil to coat vegetables
- 1 lemon
- Balsamic reduction to dress salad
- 50g feta cheese (fresh mozzarella would be lovely)
- Basil leaves for garnish and flavour
- Grill the vegetables in batches until just cooked but still crisp (barbecue or grill plate).
- Dress the cooked vegetables with lemon juice, salt/pepper and a drizzle of olive oil & balsamic reduction. Crumble the cheese over the salad and add some basil.